||BRENDAN MAGILL (sole trader)
- Developing new IT consultancy following sale of
previous hardware and systems business.
- Evolving business to take advantage of changing market
- Developing range of software products to address needs
of local authority departmental budget management and control.
- Lecturing in Information Technology at Royal National
College (for the Blind) from 1996.
- Developing range of disability employment services for
initially to RNC and then to Jobcentre Plus and other organizations.
- Responsible for all aspects of running my own business.
|1986 - 1991
||MAGDEN SYSTEMS (partner to
1988 then sole trader)
- Starting new IT hardware and systems business
partnership from scratch.
- Developing customer base and full range of IT product
and support services.
- Initially responsible for all technical and sales
aspects of the
business then, following death of business partner, taking on sole
proprietorship and all associated responsibilities.
- Employing technical, training and administrative staff.
- Acquiring and maintaining business premises.
|1986 - 1986
Network and Support Manager
- Installation and support of customer
network and stand
alone computer systems and associated software.
- Providing technical support to company
- Evaluating new technologies as these
|1975 - 1986
||Hereford and Worcester
Technical Support Manager
- Responsible for all aspects of support and operation
of a large mainframe computer system.
- Change management, including implementation of two new
mainframe computer systems and move to new County Hall.
- Liaison at all levels with computer, environmental and
buildings support staff.
- From 1980, responsible for the County’s first
investigations into desktop computer systems.
|1973 - 1975
||Racal Redac Ltd
Computer Operations Manager
- Responsible for all aspects of operation of large
mainframe computer bureau system.
Managing and engaging three shifts of computer operators.
Liaison with computer and environmental engineering support staff.
|1967 - 1973
||The Metal Box Co. Ltd
Trainee Computer Programmer then Technical Support
- Initially training as computer programmer, working on
a variety of applications systems.
- Providing support to programmers at remote sites who
did not have access to the central mainframe system.
- From 1970, providing technical support to operations
and programming staff throughout the Company.
|1965 - 1967
||Worcester Teachers Training
- Providing support to lecturing staff in the laboratory.
- Assisting students with their practical work.
- Having general responsibility for the care and
maintenance of the Physics laboratory and its apparatus.